Re: [XFree86] No signal to external VGA port

It's not my script. I actually rewrote the provided script in csh so I could understand it.

In order to get video output to your external port, you'll need to use the hotkey (it's Fn-F8 on my Dell Latitude). You must do this in text mode, not graphics mode. If you don't have text displayed after you switch from panel display, there must be something wrong with your laptop.

Once you have text displayed on your external monitor you can configure XFree86 as described in the page I sent you.