Re: [XFree86] /var/log/XFree86.0.log

I would suggest you first configure X using 'XFree86 -configure' while logged in as root. That will generate a config file which you should move into /etc/X11/XF86Config. (I suggest you backup your current XF86Config if it works at all). Then run XFree86 (no command line options). You should get a blank screen with an 'x' mouse cursor. If that works, try 'startx' to start your X window manager. If it does not work, download the latest version of the nvidia driver from nvidia.com. Follow the instructions they provide.

If you would like to mess around with your XF96Config file (which I advise against since you can permanently damage your monitor), you could try changing the depth to 16 or 8.

Good luck. Let me know if that works or not.

Ahmad Saiful wrote:

I use Vga inno3d Geforce2 mx 400 64MB
My monitor is Samsung syncmaster753
i use FreeBSD 4-8 RELEASE
any suggestion for depth of monitor and what driver that i can use for
support My VGA

thx

reply me ASAP