[XFree86] Basic X Server Help (plus S-Video)

Hello everyone. I recently thought it would be good to learn the ins and outs of the XFree86 config file. I had purchased a NVIDIA 440MX AGP Graphics card with S-Video out. I installed the drivers successfully from the Nvidia site. This is a Mandrake-Linux 9.1 box, generic Install.

Upon Install Mandrake detected the card automatically and basically configured it. So I have a basic Xfree86-4 config file. The basic Mandrake config tool does not seem to pick up the s-video port so I decided I could tweak my file. First, I followed the instructions on changing the config file to support S-Video, from Nvidia's readme.txt:

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-4496/README.txt

Here are the symptoms:

1. I boot my computer, I get mirrored video to my camcorder and monitor. If I stay in run level 3 the mirroring is correct, although black and white.

2. As soon as the X Server start my camcorder blanks out (generic blue screen) and my monitor coninues to load the display.

3. If I switch to the consoles from within run level five the text in the consoles is HUGE. I don't know what caused that.

I guess my first question would be is if I've set up all of my sections correctly. It seems like I need 2 of everything because I have two ports on the graphics card: Two Monitor, Two Device, Two Screen, and

Here is my config file below.

Also, what are the relevant parts of the error log file that would be helpful? Mine seems very big and I don't know if I should post the whole thing to the list.

For example, the only relevant error line I can find is:

(WW) camcorder: More than one matching Device section found:

Any tips/advice at all would be great.  Thanks! Bob

Section "Files"
    # Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
    # By default, Mandrake 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
    # the X server to render fonts.
    FontPath "unix/:-1"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
    #DontZap # disable <Crtl><Alt><BS> (server abort)
    #DontZoom # disable <Crtl><Alt><KP_+>/<KP_-> (resolution switching)
    AllowMouseOpenFail # allows the server to start up even if the mouse doesn't work
EndSection

Section "Module"
    Load "dbe" # Double-Buffering Extension
    Load "v4l" # Video for Linux
    Load "extmod"
    Load "type1"
    Load "freetype"
    Load "glx" # 3D layer
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Keyboard1"
    Driver "Keyboard"
    Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option "XkbLayout" "us"
    Option "XkbCompat" ""
    Option "XkbOptions" ""
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons"
    Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "monitor"
    VendorName "Generic"
    ModelName "1024x768 @ 70 Hz"
    HorizSync 31.5-57.0
    VertRefresh 50-70
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "camcorder"
    VendorName "Sony"
   HorizSync 30-50
   VertRefresh 60
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "monitor"
    VendorName "nVidia Corporation"
    BoardName "NVIDIA GeForce4 (generic)"
    Driver "nvidia"
    Option "DPMS"
   # Option "TVOUTFormat" "SVIDEO"
   # Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60-60"
   # Option "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
    Option "NoLogo" "1"
   # Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV,CRT"
   # Option "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
   # Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "30-50"
   # Option "TwinView" "1"
    Screen 0
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier "camcorder"
        Driver "nvidia"
        Option "TVOUTFormat" "COMPOSITE"
        Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60-60"
        Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "30-50"
        Option "TwinView" "1"
        Option "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
        Option "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"