Re: [XFree86] Support / This List

On Tue 09 Sep, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

> This is simply an observation with absolutely no insinuation intended.
> I don't don't want a flame war or a lecture about the support aspects of
> free software.  I'm well aware: I'd simply like to start a discussion on
> how to help improve this situation.

> *) Most posts only include the log file, part of the log file (the tail
> end), or the config file, not both.  Maybe the generic error message
> should indicate a need for both?

Yes, As a user I spent time reading the doc files. I had to re-read to
comprehend and at times the info seemed contradictory. In my case I then
started to 'try and try and try..' After about 8 or nine goes I could not
understand where my (EE) was coming from so I subscribed and sent of the
log hoping that someone would explain the likely cause. You helped me
by suggesting I search google.
In the time I've been on I've noticed that most posts are related to that
initial config step. I spent about 4 hours on the process. I'll get back to
completing it today or tomorrow, TIME permitting.

-- Peter Kozberski