Re: [XFree86] XFConfig not working with ViewSonic PS790

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Dan Mergens wrote:

> Yes. That works! Thank you. However, when I stop X, the display is blank
> in text mode. Same behavior when I run XFree86 and exit.

   Did you startx when the console was on the panel or on the CRT?
For GeForce2 Go, the driver doesn't know which the text mode was on,
so it restores the panel, which is usually correct.  It doesn't have
that problem on newer chips.

   So if it's GeForce2 Go and you startx X when the text mode is
on the panel, it should restore the panel correctly when quiting
regardless of whether X was displaying on the panel or on an
external monitor, but if you start X when the text mode is on
the panel, that will probably not restore the text mode correctly.
Or at least that's the way I thought it worked.  I haven't played
with a GeForce2 Go in a long time.

   The NVIDIA binary drivers probably work better in this regard.

> BTW - Is there documentation somewhere for those options?

   The man page for "nv"

			Mark.