Re: [XFree86] XFConfig not working with ViewSonic PS790

You can usually get an external CRT to work by forcing:

  Option "CrtcNumber" "0"
  Option "FlatPanel" "0"

In the XF86Config file.  If that's not working I'd like to see
the /var/log/XFree86.0.log from the case where it comes up normally
on the flat panel.  If the external monitor is a DFP, the "nv" driver
won't work unless the laptop booted to the external panel.

			Mark.