Re: [XFree86] Problems with X-Configuration for Laptop Compaq LTE 5300

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 02:51, Tom Halvorsen wrote:
> Hello XFree86Org.
>
> I have installed linux on severel PC's and it works well, but with my
> old laptop Compaq LTE 5300 I have difficulties with the X-Configuration.
> In the XFree86 log file I see your E-mail adresse at the end, so no I
> want to ask for help.

Did you try "XFree86 -configure" or "xf86cfg" yet?  They're slightly
more insightful than Anaconda.

BTW, including your log and config files inside HTML isn't a sharp
idea.  Just attach them as ASCII, or better yet, upload them and include
the URLs to save space.

-lava

> Attached to this mail is four files. I have tried with two different
> configurations. There is one complete XF86Config and XFree86.log for both
> configurations.
>
> The first configuration is when I installed Linux RedHat 8.0. As you can
> see the XF86Config is build by anaconda. The file is
> XF86Config.org(original). When starting X the log-file XFree86.log.org
> is made. Here I observe that insufficient memory is a problem among
> other things.
>
> The second configuration is downloaded from internett. After a long time
> as was able to download a configuration for LTE 5300, but i was not
> ok. I had to remove som items due to parsing error. The removed items is
> market with two ##. There is also problems with this configuration due
> to "No devices detected". This second configuration have the files
> XF86Config.ex1(example 1) and XFree86.log.ex1.
>
> I feel that the second configuration is the best approach, and hope that
> you could give me some help.
>
> As you can see my E-mail is:
> tom.halvorsen@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Thanks in advance,

	-lava

peace, love, UNIX(R)

NOTE: When replying to a mailing list post, please be sure to reply to
the /list/ and cc: or bcc: myself as I am unable to promise a timely
response.