Re: [XFree86] Sync-On-Green option

On Monday 01 September 2003 10:50 am, Bonny wrote:
> What is the meaning of the "syncongreen" option which can be inserted
> into a "Monitor Section"?

My first smart-ass answer is that if you need to ask, you don't need to know.
;-)

What I think I know:

Some monitors have 3 or 4 BNC connectors instead of the 15 pin DIN connector
typical of modern (S)VGA monitors.  When there are 4 BNC connectors, the sync
signal must be sent on one of those by itself.  If there are only 3, the sync
signal must be combined with one of the color signals, usually green (I
think).

What I don't know:

In the typical 15 pin DIN connection, I don't know if sync is a separate pin
or not.

I don't know if some monitors (15 pin or BNC) require the sync on some color
other than green.

Randy Kramer