Re: denotiation against Apple Inc

djamil wrote:

Now i see their new gadget IPhone dont even have G3 ... using my idea of using two separate cursors, u cant see it in their version because it's touchscreen so no "mouse" but the way u use two fingers to zoom a picture from both opposed side IS two cursors grabing each Angle of the picture , u can email me i ll be more than glad to even call u from france and explain it to you :)

I have anouced this idea back in between 2001 and 2004 and was working for server-express in france/paris, my
mail was djamil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, the list used to be called xfree86-expert or so i also program in C/++ but never had the time to participate in Xfree86 .

I am not trying to get ur help to sew them for money, but if u can for Xfree why not.

There's no cause for a lawsuit unless you patented the idea.  If not, then anyone is free to reimplement it as often as they like.  Also, XFree86 is not now and never has been GPL.  The XFree86 license does not prohibit others from using the ideas in the code.

I am not trying to get my name somewhere in any means, but it hurts to see these folks using Our ideas to shine on the desktop of average users .

Why does it hurt?  Isn't that the whole spirit of open source?
--
Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

[Index of Archives]     [X Forum]     [XFree86]     [XFree86 Newbie]     [X.Org]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Fontconfig]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]