Re: patches for Darwin /MacOSX

On Fri 06 Apr 2007 12:29:51 -0700,
Tim Roberts wrote:
> SciFi wrote:
>> But since you imply this is _not_ a 9-5 operation in whatever
>> timezone, please put a request thru to change the public cvs
>> server's operation so it'd be in sync a whole lot more often
>> during a 24-hour day, please? I'd say once an hour might be
>> sufficient.
>
> Unless there's something I missed, the XFree86 source base
> doesn't CHANGE much more than once a day.

Usually ... but that wasn't my point, which was: I didn't see
anything come thru `cvs up' for two days or more, when clearly the
-cvs list showed some.  Ergo I say again I thought something was
desperately wrong.

Please consider another idea, that some committers should be
allowed to invoke the rsync or whatever process(es) need to run on
the public cvs server in order to "push" out those changes,
please.

(As it was, we did waste the Easter weekend, since these darwin
things weren't even applied until the day after (Monday).  I've
been testing Yves' patches as mentioned earlier in this thread,
but I didn't think those patches would be altered too much as they
were now in cvs.  ~sigh~  I just got finished recompiling with the
cvs version, and we still see build problems here.  :(  Yes I'm
attempting to write up a few reports with patches to consider...)

Thanks...  :)