Re: Problems with xlib + ipc

chinlu chinawa wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Ei, it worked!, thanks very much. I didn't tought of
>opening the display again, stupid me.
>
>I understand you meant to add a StructureNotifyMask,
>as well as the pertinent handlers on the event's
>queue, when you said to let my parent process to be
>able to handle XDestroy.
>
>I say this, cose I've done it, filled my xsever
>structure again in the child process (display, screen,
>fontsets, etc), but whether I try to map my windows
>again, a BadWindow (X_DestroyWIndow) error comes up,
>which doesn't happen if I just destroy them and exit.

Well, that may have been a red herring on my part.  All I was trying to
say is that the owning process will get the events, even if another
process destroys the window.  If the owning process doesn't need to do
any special handling when the window is destroyed, you don't have to add
anything now.

--
Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.