Re: (no subject)

A few possibilites:

   * 32 MB RAM may not be sufficient for Mandrake 9.0, or may require
some special installation procedures.  (In any event, something like
KDE 3 will be very slow unless you have a lot more RAM -- I wasn't
reasonablyhappy until I had 256 MB.)  If Mandrake does successfully
install with 32 MB, you will want to use either a different window
manager than KDE (several are supplied, I think some are still
installed by default, especially if you install everything).

   * Have you checked the md5sum on the installation CD -- my
understanding is that sometimes problems like this come from a bad CD,
or

   * How fast is the CDR/W for reading -- I commonly have problems with
fast CD drives -- they seem to accelerate and decelerate, accelerate
and decelerate, and sometimes I think the software time out while
waiting for the drive to accelerate again.  I have started to install
only slow CD drives (2, 4, 8 X) to avoid the problem (plus they are
cheap).

Finally, consider signing up for one or more of the Mandrake mail lists
(newbie@linux-mandrake.com, expert@linux-mandrake.com) and ask your
question there.

Randy Kramer