Re: nvidia problems glxgears hangs box

<snip!>
>         One more question if you don't mind: After taking your
> advice to this point,
> I seem to have a fairly stable X configuration. My last problem is
> that fast
> zooming with my scroll wheel in my Pro_Engineer application
> sometimes crashes
> it. No more X session crashes, butloosing data can be a bit
> aggrevating. Are
> there options that can be set for my logitech Marbleman+ trackball?
> It is
> configured as protocol "IMPS/2"
> > "Stride the storm or it will dance you."
> > - Michael D. Beams
>
> --
> Regards, Ernie
> 100% Microsoft and Intel free

I couldn't find much info on which protocol for you to use with the
Marbleman+ trackball, even on XFree86's web-based man pages.  If your
mouse connects to a PS/2 port (small 6-pin DIN), you could try setting
the protocol to "Auto" if you think a protocol change would help or set
'Option "Buttons" "N"' and 'Option "Z-AxisMapping" "N1 N2"', where N1 is
the button for negative Z-Axis motion and N2 is the one for positive
Z-Axis motion.  Fast zooming isn't know for support under linux.