RE: what linux distro for LPI?

>This mailing list is not for general-linux help.  It is dedicated to
>solving installation and administration problems for XFree86 for any OS.

hmmm, realy

I followed a link from another list red-hat i think that told me to ask
here as this was a newbie list. Ok, thanks for the help anyway!
<grabs his (red)hat and starts walking down the long road...>

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Marcus Miller @ Mobile Fun wrote:

>I have been using Linux at work for about a year now and have decided
>it is time to improve my knowledge. I am about to start studying the
>LPI qualification and need to get myself a Linux box to work on at home.
<snip>
>I have decided to download redhat Linux 7.3 can anyone tell me any reason
>why this would not be a good idea or if there is a more suitable distro?

This mailing list is not for general-linux help.  It is dedicated to
solving installation and administration problems for XFree86 for any OS.
You will get more help if you ask on one of the lists specific to your
problem.  Any of the current Linux distributions will be sufficient for
your needs: Mandrake, Red Hat, Debian, Slackware, SuSE are all very
mainstream and well-supported.  There are many, many other excellent
distributions some with advantages for particular situations, but seeing
as you're learning you're better joining a community with lots of
members.

Best wishes,
Oisin Feeley