CVS mirrors? anoncvs down?

Hi,

I could use some help: I'm trying to check out xc, and am unable to access
anoncvs.xfree86.org. When will this be back up? Are there any mirrors of
the CVS
tree (every one of the mirror sites I checked pointed back to the xfree86
CVS!) I did
find one in germany (anoncvs@rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de:/cvs/X), but it has a
stuck lock
on one directory, so the checkout can't get any further:

cvs server: [01:00:37] waiting for cvs's lock in
/cvs/X/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree98/
vga256/wabs

It's been like that for a day.

A basic question--is there a way to get cvs to ignore such locks, bypass
and keep
going witht he rest of the checkout. Or just take whatever's there, even if
it's in the
middle of a change? I  doubt I even need that part of the code. Is there a
way to
checkout sub-parts of the whole 'xc'?

Finally, will a checkout xc automatically checkout the very latest version?

Thanks for your help,

John Iversen