RE: trembly screen

My particular laptop isn't there, but it's a good place to start looking.
And if i sort it out i might even contribute :-)  Thanks !

	----------
	From:  Lionel Lecoq [SMTP:lionel_lecoq@yahoo.com]
	Sent:  21 November 2002 17:46
	To:  newbie@XFree86.Org
	Subject:  Re: trembly screen

	Usually, laptops *like* best the resolution they have been designed
for, any other resolution is
	going to be obtained by interpolation and will not yield a good
image...
	Whether this is the ground for your problem, I don't know. However
60Hz refresh is usually the
	right value for most laptops...
	more can be found at http://www.linux-laptop.net/
	cheers
	Lionel

	--- "Huard, Elise - D C&W Consultant"
<Elise.Huard@sbs.siemens.co.uk> wrote:
	> Hello,
	>
	> after trying a lot of different things on my Acer Aspire laptop, i
finally
	> got an image using gdm and server 'savage' (it's supposed to be a
S3
	> ProSavage card).
	> The trouble is, i still haven't found ANY doc about the
frequencies of my
	> LCD monitor, and the image is trembling.  What does that mean ?
Do you have
	> any advice at how to find the right frequencies ?  Is it something
else ?
	> Also the definition right now is not what i specified in
XF86Config-4 :

*******