Re: force linear memory with vesa 1.2

Hi, Mario:

 I have a TSeng ET4000 card also.  I used one as a temporary
replacement when a video card failed in a workstation.  As
found in service (FiveStar 80386sx16 workstations) they had
only 256 kilobytes of memory.  Since we had already replaced
several of those old workstations with newer systems, I
removed 256 from each of 3 other cards creating a single
ET4000 with 1 megabyte of RAM.

http://gelm.net/images/et4000.jpg

Does your ET4000 have 8 RAM sockets with only 2 populated?
If yes, you may not have enough memory for more than
640x400 by 16 colors.

HTH, Chuck