Re: Re: "X" frozen pointer in i845 driver

Yes, in gnome the "X" only appears when you are logged in as a plain
user. Root does not have any issues.We have tried re-creating
users/changing permissions of users and it still does not resolve the
problem.

However, I do not know if this will help you at all, but, on my computer
(same setup as all of the other computers) I downloaded and installed
the CVS tree and I have had no problems. However, when I distributed the
configured tree to a couple other users this issue began.

At this point the only thing I have not tried was a completely new
download of the CVS tree on each individual computer.

Joshua