"X" frozen pointer in i845 driver

Hello.
I recently downloaded the latest CVS respository in order to configure an
i845 chipset with RH7.3. Everything went ok, "make World && make install"
did all!
But some problems arised...

1.-Mouse pointer became RED. I fixed it in some configuration file lost in
the hdd...
2.-ONLY when I log in X (gdm) as a "plain user", after loading most of the
components of Gnome, an aditional "X" shaped pointer remains frozen in the
middle of the screen. The standard arrow pointer works OK for the mouse, but
there is no way to remove the other "X" pointer, and it is displayed over
the rest of the windows...

Any idea?
I REALLY need to have this working for tomorrow... In 14 hours we will make
a copy from the hard disk in order to get 6000 PCs working from this
master... It should be repaired for then...

Thanks in advance!
Eduardo Gimeno.
IBM - Spain