Re: X locks up the complete system

HI,
	Although I yet have to try all the suggestions but I doubt that
the hardware might be at fault. I don't have a separate AGP card. Its
onboard. Moreover my system works perfectly fine in Win 98. Very very less
crashes compared to the reputaion of win98.
Anyway I wd try to run X with open case and see if anything gets hot. Can
it be due to HDD settings? I mean do I need to check the settings with
hdparm and see whether they are in compliance with the recommended ones.
I occasionally get these Spurious interrupt IRQ 7 messages. I don't know
what it means.
Regards,
Mukhben.