Re: X hangs on start

Hello Laurent,

I have been suspecting as much.. I went back to 7.2
after trying to get 7.3 and 8.0 to work.  I do not
have the cash to upgrade the motherboard at this time,
so it is 7.2 for a while.  It ruled out the video card
after switching to a S3 based chipset.  The problem of
X hanging was still present, so I figured the only
thing left was some strage bug with the motherboard.

Thanks for passing on your experience.  Maybe I will
see if there are any bios update for my board and try
again.

Thanks,
Kirk