Re: X hangs on start

Hello,

I am having the same problem under RH 8.0.  I have an
AMD Athlon 600Mhz and a matrox G400 card.  I have
found that KDE does not hang the system while gnome
does for some reason.

I have also noticed that I have been having problems
with X since upgrading to RH 7.3 from 7.2.  My monitor
blanks when I load up large images and then I cannot
move windows.  I switched graphics cards, but the
problem remained.

I am still trying to figure out what is going on.  I
am currently going back to 7.2.

Kirk
> Hi all,
> 	I am having a problem with X Windows on my RedHat
Linux 8.0
> installation.  I have installed the OS twice already
trying to figure
out
> what was going on.  When I try to start X Windows,
whether booting to
> graphical login or using startx, I get to the part
where it shows the
splash
> screen (after login) and it freezes.  It has never
recovered from
this,
and
> I can't alt-ctrl-backspace out of it.  Can anyone
help me?