Re: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/Monitors

are you speaking of XFree86 -configure? usually (at least in my distro) it creates XF86Config.new
in either the root or the home directory (I don't know since I run it as root if I must...)
I then must rename it and put it in /etc/X11
I guess the differences between distributions are greater than I thought...
cheers
Lionel