Re: PS/2 rate tweaking

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 04:18:56PM +0930, Adam Luchjenbroers elucidated:
> Resolution isn't quite what I was interested in. Besides, my mouse returns an
> "invalid option" for that.

If so, you might have to investigate using gpm as a go between.  Maybe X
just doesn't support your mouse.  For example in the gpm man page:

   -Rname
     Causes `gpm' to act as a repeater: any mouse data received while
     in graphic  mode will be produced on the fifo `/dev/gpmdata' in
     protocol name.  In principle, you can use the same names as  for
     the `-t' option, although repeating into some protocols may not be
     implemented for a while.  In addition, you can specify  `raw' as
     the name, to repeat the mouse data byte by byte, without any
     protocol translation.  If name is omitted, it defaults to `msc'.
     Using  gpm  in repeater mode, you can configure the X server to
     use its fifo as a mouse device. This option is useful  for  bus-
     mouse  owners to override the single-open limitation.  It is also
     an easy way to manage those stupid dual-mode  mice  which force
     you  to  keep  the middle button down while changing video mode.
     The option is forced on by the `-M' option.

so you set up X to read from /dev/gpmdata instead of /dev/mouse, it
might allow some functionality that you wouldn't have otherwise.

> Also, where is the mouse in the /proc interface?

I don't think there is one per se... but I could be wrong.

Dale