Forgot to ask a side question: DRI, etc. w/FB

I was wondering, in regards to my monitor problems, if FB would fix
them (see previous message).

And if FB would (which somehow seems unlikely) what is the state of
speed with FB?  That is how can I tell if I am going to be just as
accelerated with this ATI Radeon 7500 as I would with the FB.  (I
don't mind if there is a layer-overhead, but I do mind if I can't make
use of any 2D/3D acceleration features).

Specifically DRI and... is it agpart?  Do those work with FB, or
exclusively against?

Are there good methods of testing these sorts of things?

Thanks,
  Gryn (Adam Luter)