try to recompile KDrivev / Tiny-X for a 16 grey levels lcd screen

Hello XFree gourous,

I would like to run the optimized KDrive / Tiny-X server on a custom grey lcd screen, which is 320x240x4bpp in a no-planar, packed pixels format (i.e: 2 adjacent pixels per byte).

After have searched in the mailing-list archives here (newbies and XPert), Il successfully cross-compiled kdrive, but I found no information about fbdev used in the 4bpp format. If I had a working 2.4 kernel framebuffer driver for my lcd, could I use kdrive with it ?

I've looked in the code and found another driver for the Itsy which should be quite near what I need (16 grey levels lcd), but I don't know the exact Itsy pixels format.

In the itsy directory, it seems to be no drawing functions for 16 grey levels, only an itsy hardware interface - like lcd init or palette settings. So I assume the Itsy driver uses in fact framebuffer functions for drawing...

Is it a big work to modify framebuffer or Itsy driver for my lcd screen ?

Thanks for any idea.

Guillaume Weymeskirch
Département affaires spéciales - Precia Molen France
e-mail: guillaume.weymerskirch@preciamolen.fr