RE: Mandrake 8,2 and Gainward Geforce 3 Ti 200 problem

If you have a GeForce 3 you should probably visit nvidia.com and download
the latest nvidia driver, as those that ship with most distributions of X
are only good for a few nvidia chips.  You will need to know your kernel
version, and download the two files "kernel" and "glx" that correspond to
your kernel.  If you have a custom kernel I think you need the driver
source.  I have the same problem with my GeForce 2 MX400.  The nv driver
nor the vga driver wont work.