Re: Re:adding video ram line

I don't know Caldera so I don't know whether my reply to another post a couple of hours ago would
be relevant for you, you could still look...
A way to attack the problem (your info is a bit concise...) is to get the log (I assume you try to
run X using startx from your console, this is the usual way...)the log should be in
/var/log/XFree86.0.log
you can look with your editor, it is more convenient.
At the top of the log you should find a mention of the version you are running and the XF86Config
which is being used.
If you are really lost post both.
If you are a bit more courageous check whether XF86Config really contains the changes you made
(nothing like hacking a file and having X use another one, it did happen to me some time ago :^)

Lionel

PS as far as my scant knowledge of vim goes, you did use it as one should...
PPS for people not used to *nix: cases are important i.e "Ls" is different from "ls" etc... this
has tripped a few beginners