libglide2x.so

I know I saw this asked before, but I didn't see an answer. Perhaps I just
over looked as I'm stuck using Links for a browser. Anyways, I decided that
I wanted my scroll wheel for my mouse to work and eventually came to the
conclusion that upgrading XFree would be best. That said I downloaded and
read through the info for 4.2.0 and installed it with no errors. I tried to
configure it, however, and it doesn't want to work with "XFree86
-configure," "xf86config," or "xfcfg." All three ask for Glide's library
file libglide2x.so at some point and I can't find it in the system or
online. I checked Google and the most promising link was to XFree's website
with a run down on what the file is saying it's a required file. They
provided a link to glide.xxedgexx.com/3dfxrpms.htm but that's a dead page. I
did a search for the library file through the main page but nothing came up.
I know this file must exist, but where is it?

Slackware 8.1
Kernel 2.4.19