RE: XF86Config 3.3.x while running 4.2.0

I had a similar problem with the Cirrus Logic CL-GD5428 that is not
supported with the XFree86 4.2  What I did was get a copy of XF_86SVGA.bz2
on a floppy an copied on the /usr/X11R6/bin using the Midnight commander.
If you press F9 look on the menu and unzip the file.  Unzip all the goodies
on that directory and scroll down on the same directory and find a file call
XF86cfg and hit enter do the video config and use " VESA " and in my case I
use " Packard Bell monitor " choice since it was not listed and BINGO !!!
It worked ! It was a case of trial and error.  It might work with the one of
the choices on the menu of video cards.

For Peanut 7.3  I used the Midnight Commander and ran XF86setup and use the
pesky looking ol' DOS screens and It worked too.

  My PC is a Packard Bell 486DX2 66MHZ and 64 MB Ram and 1.2 GB hard disk.
It runs slow with Peanut 9.4  IS TOO BIG OF A PROGRAM FOR THAT pc, IT RAN
BETTER WITH peanut 7.3 INSTALL EASIER AND NO MODS NECESSARY SINCE ALL
DRIVERS ARE xfREE86 3.3 AND WORKS ON OLDER PCs.  try TO GET SOME MORE RAM I
bet that will do the trick, since you need at least 32 MB of RAM.  Use video
Resolution 800X640 and 8 bits.  As soon you log on get rid of the wallpaper
and use a much simpler single color one.

On the 486 ran very slow but manageable if you are patient.

What I found is...  Look on /usr/X11R6/bin directory.  By playing there you
will find the correct configuration.

  I hope this help !!!