I dont know if this is the right X list.

Hi,

First sorry if this is not the right list for my question.

I tried to compile xfree86 on i686 for i586 and the compilation went
well. But when I tried to configure X on the i586 the xf86cfg program
was not able to load any driver (the driver files was on the right place).
I always got a message for all driver as the following line:

Failed to load module "mouse" (loader failed, 0).

(The number changed from compile to compile - trying to compile for 2 weeks)

Is there any list for the error codes which translate them to normal
error messages?

I tried to compile X without any special option on the i686 but with
spoofing the output of uname by replacing all i686 text to i586. Is this
is the correct way for the compile?

Thanks in forward, Attila Zimler