Re: suggested tag? (was: howto update ONLY radeon_drv forDell dual head)

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Ken Barr wrote:

> > > Is it possible to update only the radeon_drv.o file
> > > from CVS?  (I want to get the fixes for the Dell OEM
> > > card)  It seems safer and easier to stick with mostly
> > > 4.2.0 rather than build a CVS snapshot of the entire
> > > distribution.

> > You are on your own here.  We can only support older
> > driver modules with
> > newer server core binaries, not the other way
> > around.

> So, if I have to rebuild X (never done this), is
> 4_2_99_1 recommended?  Is there a date you can
> recommend that had a somewhat stable build, or do I
> just download HEAD and cross my fingers?

Given you're going the post-4.2 route anyway, my vote goes to HEAD.
Although there's ongoing work in various areas of it, it has been quite
stable for some time.  Besides, the sooner bugs are found, the better ;-)

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  tsi@ualberta.ca          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |