Re: Welcome to the "Newbie" mailing list

	I've installed XFree86 4.2.0 on a couple of FreeBSD machines
now, and I'm curious if there's any way to specify or edit the
Modelines that the server automatically generates.  It seems to
generate a huge number of them, almost all of them uselessly low
resolution or geometrically distorted, or both.

	I'd also like to set the viewport and screen sizes to
be the same, since I have a big monitor.

	Is there any way to discover what the current modelines,
viewport and screen sizes are, and stick modified versions back
into the XF86Config file?

Mike O'Brien