dual display using ATI Radeon & ATI mach64

problem: can't get dual display working

system: athlon 900/KT133A 256 MB ram
video card 1: ATI Radeon DDR 32MB AGP4x (detected as RADEON QD)
video card 2: ATI Mach64 CT (215CT) 2MB (I think, 2 chips hardwired, two
sockets empty) PCI (anybody know where I could get chips to fill those
sockets?)
software: Redhat 7.3 (xfree 4.2 kde 3.0.something, tried gnome too)

if Bios is set to init AGP (Radeon) first, absolutely nothing will make the
PCI(mach64) card do anything.

if the BIOS is set to init the PCI first, text mode comes up on PCI, then
startx will kill the PCI and bring up X on the AGP card

single video configs will work with either display (well I haven't tried PCI
single card with BIOS set to AGP first)

also the PCI video comes up with strange vertical band of distortion about
2/3rds of the way across the screen, although, I am not sure if this is
interference from the other monitor.

My XF86Config-4 file looks just like the examples I have seen for dual card
setups.  ( i am not sending from that computer, but if you need I wil forward
the config file tonight along with the x startup log from /var/log )

also, after leaving X after having attempted to start it in dual monitor
mode, the character mode video is completely hosed, and I can no longer use
it and must reboot.  this is true of both AGP first and PCI first Bios init.

any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

	Thanks,
		Mark
--
**   Mark Salisbury       ||      mbs@mc.com     **