Re: Xconfig file

from the console type startx, if your config is OK( I suspect it is not) X should start. In any
case the log is in /var/log/XFree86.0.log. If you cannot figure out the problem post both your
XF86Config (in case you are running X 3.x.x) resp. XF86Config-4 (in case you are running X 4.x.x)
and the log, on top of the log you will find the version of X which is invoqued...
Lionel