Xconfig file

Hi,
	I have installed Redhat linux 7.1 on my PC which has
ASUS chipset with  Nvidia GeForce2 DDR graphics card .
 I am unable to run linux in Xwindows(linux 5) mode .
I can login only in the linux 3 mode .  The monitor is
samsung 17 inch Syncmaster 763DFX . I have installed
all the rpm files from Nvidia homepage . The error
message in the log file is that it could not find the
monitor . I also tried to configure using the
Xconfigurator .I cannot find my monitor name in the
monitor list provided .  Could anyone tell me about
how to linux working in Xwindows mode?

Thank you,
Mohan  R