Re: Slackware 8.1 / NVidia and X

trimming off the universal commented parts would make it easier to diagnose problems, leave section names though.

Tom Williams wrote:
3D4C0181.BFD064A1@attbi.com"> James Robinson wrote:
 Been Having loads of problems getting X working with my new Slackware 8.1 install. Ran XF86config without any problems configured it fine and X just will not run..Here's My config file... Can anyone see anything wrong with ut... Tried to include my log file too but wouldn't fit on the email...

Hi!  I'm running Slackware 8.0 (as a base) w/ Linux 2.4.19 (just upgraded from source last night), XFree86 4.2.0 (built from source) and my fairly recently acquired GeForce2 MX-200 PCI video card that uses a NVIDIA chipset.  I run without problems (outside of a minor occasional flicker) at 1280x1024 resolution and 24-bit depth.

What errors are you receiving?  What problems are you having?  I'm am NOT a expert, by ANY means, but I DO have it up and running.

What version of XFree86 are you using?  One thing I *did* notice is you seem to be using a "generic" vga video driver and NOT the "NVIDIA" video driver "nv".

Attached is MY XF86Config so you can see how mine looks.

Have you tried running "xf86config" to setup X for your video adapter and monitor?  If not, su to root and run the command "xf86config" and answer the questions.

Good luck!

Peace...

Tom

--