RE: XF86Config problems

1. Xconfigurator is a RH program not available to all...
2. I have seen a lot of X 4.2 config files without mode lines, it seems X 4.2 is a bit more clever
at figuring out things,
However, in the display subsection of the screen section it is kind of useful to have modes line
indicating the resolution at which one wants to operate...
3. There has been a couple of similar issues in the list on their basis I would advise you to have
a look at http://www.linux-laptop.net/ if you have not yet done so. You might even find there a
couple of XF86Config for your machine.
If this does not solve your problem, I would suggest posting both your XF86Config (resp.
XF86Config-4 if this applies) and your log (/var/log/XFree86.0.log) in order for people to be able
to find-out what the problem might be...
Lionel