Re: filemanager

Royce Wise wrote:

> Cynthia Grossen wrote:
>
>>> This "Mount" term is confusing, what does it mean?
>>>

>> mount is a command that 'adds' some files to your filesystem© it is
>> generally used to mount files on removable media types, i©e© floppies
>> and
>> cd-roms, zips,etc© but your whole filesystem is 'mounted' ¥usually at
>> boot¤
>> and mount points are things like '/' and '/etc/' or '/usr/' and your
>> whole
>> filesystem is unmounted on shutdown ¥at least it is if everything is
>> going
>> smoothly¤©
>> For a more detailed description of the commands check the man pages for
>> 'mount' and 'umount' you can do this by typing 'man mount'©
>
> Hi Cynthia, thanks a lot for the info, makes things much clearer©
> Didn't know that the term mount was a command©©
> That clears things up exceedengly©
> Thamks
> Royce
>

>> --__--__--
>>
>> Message: 12
>> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:35:35 -0500
>> From: Royce Wise <royce@wayxcable©com>
>> To: newbie@xfree86©org
>> Subject: Re: filemanager
>>
>> Dexter Filmore wrote:
>>

>>> Errr©
>>>
>>> Why dontcha just mount the DOS drives into your BSD root dir? Like
>>>
>>> mkdir /dos
>>>
>>> mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /dos
>>>
>>> ¥or hda2 or sda1 or whatever your DOS drive is¤

Well failure so far©  We were able to create a directory  /dos
But we haven't gotten the syntax right for the mount command©
We read the man pages on mount, but no examples©
We have an IDE drive on master one on the controller, a dedicated BSD
drive, and a CDrom as the slave, controller  2 has two  IDE drives on
the master and the slave, both are DOS©
Anyone have any examples?
Thanks
Royce