Re: filemanager

>This "Mount" term is confusing, what does it mean?

mount is a command that 'adds' some files to your filesystem. it is
generally used to mount files on removable media types, i.e. floppies and
cd-roms, zips,etc. but your whole filesystem is 'mounted' (usually at boot)
and mount points are things like '/' and '/etc/' or '/usr/' and your whole
filesystem is unmounted on shutdown (at least it is if everything is going
smoothly).

For a more detailed description of the commands check the man pages for
'mount' and 'umount' you can do this by typing 'man mount'.

Message: 12