Re: Intellimouse Optical

--- "Grone, Corey C." <CGrone@MarathonOil.com> wrote:
> I have an Intellimouse Optical and I am having a
> hard time getting the side(back and forward) buttons
> to work.  Could anyone help me out?

You might already have this on but just make sure that
in your XF86Config file in the mouse description the
protocol is "IMPS/2" (for IntelliMousePS/2... if its
not PS/2 then try looking for a suitable sring on
net). This makes my mouse with wheel work (the wheel
schrolls fine) it might be that the name is slightly
different for a 5 button mouse. Still worth trying.
If your system is RedHat then probably the best place
to specify the mouse is during the OS installation but
there might be some other tool
Hope this helps
Spundun