Re: [Newbie]Matrox Millenium G200 Scrambled Display Help!

On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 03:40, GK wrote:
> Thanks so much for your help with this.  I now have a better idea of what to try next

What I would be trying would be to remove following section from your
config. You do not use is, but X loads it. And it might be conflicting
with the mga driver.

Section "Device"
        Identifier "Linux Frame Buffer"
        Driver "fbdev"
        BoardName "Unknown"
EndSection

I wonder why I did not see it yesterday?

> windows (2 black and 1 white)and an "analog" clock.
> No hotkey combination or mouse action would pop up a menu.  Exiting the white terminal window would close the GUI and return me to a command prompt.

Sounds like your window manager failing to start.

> When I attempted to run XF86Config, it started, but promptly dumped core

Maybe you should try XFree86 --configure just to get a fresh XF86Config.
And then remove everything that you are not using from it.

> Guess I'm just jinxed with this install!

It seems so :-(

// Jarmo