Re: [Newbie]can superprobe detect video ram?

thankyou, I found the info I needed with RH 7.3 install, BIG IMPROVEMENT from earlier releases!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 2:57 PM
Subject: RE: [Newbie]can superprobe detect video ram?

Jason,

You probably do not need to worry about clock chip settings. This was for the older video chips which is not often used anymore. To see what version of Xfree86 you are running just type Xfree86 –version. This will tell you the running version. To find out what your hardware is you can use Superprobe. Just type Superprobe at the command prompt and hopefully it will find it. If it does not, then you will have to open up the PC and look at the chip on the video card. This should give you a good idea of who made the video card. Then go to their website and look for a program that can diagnose their chipset. A lot of video cards will have a small firmware bitmap that displays just before your boot up or POST screen comes up that should tell you a lot about the video card.

PC Networks, Inc. and KY4U, LLC

Cary Pembleton

32 Cove LN

Campbellsville, KY 42718

270-469-4405 Office

270-469-9104 Fax

270-403-6666 Corporate Cell (Corporate Business Only)

mailto:carywinton@ky4u.net E-Mail Address

http://www.ky4u.com/ Corporate Site

http://www.clickonamovie.com/ Project Site