Re: [Newbie]Matrox Millenium G200 Scrambled Display Help!

Jarmo:

Thanks so much for your help with this. I now have a better idea of what to try next, which is better than nothing!

On one hard drive (of 30) I attempted to upgrade XFree to 4.2.0, which worked, but which now only gives a very simple desktop with three terminal windows (2 black and 1 white)and an "analog" clock.

No hotkey combination or mouse action would pop up a menu. Exiting the white terminal window would close the GUI and return me to a command prompt.

When I attempted to run XF86Config, it started, but promptly dumped core and segmentation faulted. Using switchdesk produced no changes, either.

Guess I'm just jinxed with this install!

Thanks again!

Tim

Can a Web portal forever change your life?
Win up to $25 Million on iWon - click here!