OT wrong attitude? was Re: [Newbie]Can't get mouse to work inX

On 7 Jun 2002, Jarmo Paavilainen wrote:
>> this whole list /is there for the newbies in the first place!/  They are
>
>Oh yes, and my goal in life is to answer same question over and over.

I've found that even asking questions that have not been asked over and
over (Previously was asking how the hell to get a Geforce4 working in
XFree and didn't hear a peep.  Even though I asked 3 times.

I eventually figured it out on my own, but I actually had to screw with
some of the source from CVS to do it.  I'm not sure everyone can do that.
No one even so much as acknowledge my questions.  But they sure do jump up
and down to acknowledge that they have answered FAQ question #26 15 times
in the last 3 hours.

Why not use that time to assist someone with a harder question than to
bitch about the easy ones over and over?

Christopher Fisk