[Newbie]SiS driver & XAA: 4.2.0 vs 4.1.0

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the help, I've finally solved the problem.
I checked the suse update today and they had an
updated xf86_glx and kernel DRM available. I
downloaded these and they all load just fine. Looks
like the packages with suse80 are duff. I still can't
get acceleration working as I'm reliably told that you
have to use the new SiS-framebuffer driver, which is
part of the 2.4.18-ac4 kernels and 2.4.19-pre2 kernels
but NOT in the 2.4.18 kernel, that contains the OLD
driver featuring the LCD-bug!. The LCD-bug gives you a
white melting screen, kinda like a lava lamp.

I'll wait for suse to release an updated kernel as I'm
lazy and never seem to get around to rolling my own.

Thanks
Luke

 --- Nicholas Baxter-Jones
<n.smith@insight.telinco.co.uk> wrote: > On Monday 3