[Newbie]MSI KT266 Pro2 + powered by ATI Radeon 7500 + XFree 4.2 => X shutdown = PC Crash (bip bip)

Hi Yann,
I don't think this is going to help you much but anyhow,
I have an AGP Powercolor 32MB DDR Dark Wizard (ATI Radeon 7000) with
Suse 7.3 using Xfree86 4.2. When I enable DRI and try glxgears it would
always crash my system. X works fine. In my case, I seemed to have a
problem with my motherboard (some DMA issue with my Harddrive I think).
What I did to fix it (extreme I know...) was to switch motherboards with
my other machine (from a SOYO to an Asus P5A-B). I wouldn't expect yours
to be the same problem.
Your config file looks fine (assuming you do have a Vision Master 400
(Iiyama), and that your mode lines are correct.
Does X crash or does it crash only when you run something that is 3D
accelerated? (e.g. glxgears, tuxracer etc.)
You might want to try getting the newest DRI driver (http://dri.sourceforge.net/).
Does X crash if you have dri and glx disabled? If it does then probably
something to do with your general X config.
I hope find a solution that is less drastic as mine (I had a feeling
something was wrong with my motherboard for a while since it gave me
alot of headache with other stuff).
Hubert

--
Hubert Yoshizaki