[Newbie]rh 7.2/XFree86 diamond viper card and frozen display

The config file you sent IS a 3.3.6 config file not a 4.1.0 one (recognisable by the existence of
a "section keyboard" this has been replaced in 4.x.x by a "section InputDevice")
run X -version to check what you are running.
If you are really running 4.x.x then post your XF86Config-4
Lionel

=== message truncated ===