[Newbie]Trident TGUI9680, Samsung SyncMaster 3 and XFree4

Don't know whether this will help you much...
1. do you have RH 7.2 beta (Roswell I believe) I had the problem you describe when I was using it
before the release version (Enigma) came out. Switching to the release version got rid of the
problem...
2. I don't let Xconfigurator test my configuration (there is a yes/no option for the test) because
more often that not it bums out and I have a non functioning configuration.
So run Xconfigurator without the test and if you still have problem post your XF86Config-4 (I
assume you are really running 4.1, check with X -version because RH sometimes enable 3.3.6 instead
of 4.1 if it thinks the graphic card is better supported by the older version. This is a common
problem with older equipment...)
If it turns out you are running 3.3.6 then it is XF86Config which is the *right* config. file
Lionel