[Newbie]Radeon 7000 + Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual

Just an update of my situation...
My Radeon 7000 works! Whohoo!
Thanks to all that rendered help :)
It's always great to prove that open-source software/projects etc. does
indeed have help/support! :)
How I fixed my problem was thus:
tried an old tnt card (both asus 3400TNT and a Diamond Viper 550) and
they were both causing strange problems also.
This started me thinking that there may be some problems with my motherboard
so I took my Radeon (and hard-drive) and tested on another machine I
had running (asus p5a-b motherboard)...and poof, with out doing any configuration
(other then monitor config), my radeon started work.
So, the obvious thing I did was switched motherboard. They are generally
equal in any case. Asus P5A-B with K6-2 500 and 256MB vs Soyo 5EMA+ with
K6-2 400 and 256MB. Funny thing now is that my linux machine is technically
more powerful then my Windoze machine ;) hehe.
Whoohoo!
Thanks everyone,
Hubert